Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sheri's Favorite Mosaic


Hello Everyone,

Thank you to Sheri, "Broken Glass Mosaics" on Flickr, for sending her favorite mosaic. This is one of my favorites too. I love the expressions on the giraffes' faces.

Sheri says, "My favorite piece to date is my giraffe panel. I titled the piece, "The Herd". I made it for my two sons when they were ages 3 and 1. Inspiration for the piece came from their bedroom which was decorated as an African Safari and I also have a personal fondness for giraffes. As the piece came along, each giraffe seemed to develop their own personality. The piece makes me smile each time I look at it, reminding me of sweet and innocent times."

I have been admiring Sheri's work on Flickr lately. She really has a distinct style that I love.

See more of her art at:

brokenglassmosaic.com

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brokenglassmosaic/collections/72157605774438296/

No comments: