Sunday, July 27, 2008

Welcome to the Mosaic Challenge

Hello Mosaic Lovers,

This blog is meant to inspire and motivate people to make mosaic art that they might not normally gravitate towards.

Every month a new Mosaic Challenge subject will be announced. Those interested in participating will have at least two months to complete their piece (or pieces) and submit a photo to me at MilliMoMo@gmail.com, which I'll post here in the blog.

The goal of this group is to provide motivation to stretch yourselves by trying new things.

At the end of each month there will be a vote for a "Favorite". The winner of the favorite will win a prize (true, they might be teeny, tiny prizes, but there WILL be prizes).

Some of you might be familiar with my very similar group in Flickr. That is such a fun group (http://www.flickr.com/groups/mosaicchallenge/), and I have no intention of changing it. I've simply decided to add this format, because it will allow me to award prizes.

Please comment freely.

I can't wait to see your art!

Lynne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynne, well I have found you again. Well done another great group format.
I'm excited about another pot challenge because I have 2 more commissioned pots for my neighbour. She has given me 2 sets of china cup, saucer and butter plate to incorporate in 2 mosaic pots. One is black & white so that will be also suitable for the black & white challenge on Flickr.

Lynne said...

Hi Caz! You were the first person that popped into my mind when I announced the Pot Challenge. You ARE the pot queen afterall! :-)

How perfect to do a black and white pot! You can kill two birds with one stone. It's neat that your neighbor gives you china to use - very meaningful.

I'm happy to see you here.